Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Alnylam AssistTM?
Alnylam AssistTM is a team of dedicated Case Managers, Patient Education Liaisons, and Field Reimbursement Directors who provide support to patients prescribed Alnylam therapies. These services include: verification of insurance benefits, financial assistance support for eligible patients, disease education, and reimbursement education. Each member of our team is assigned to specific geographic regions to work with patients, their caregivers, family members, healthcare providers, and insurance companies to support the patient in his or her treatment on ONPATTRO® (patisiran).
How do I enroll my patients in the Alnylam AssistTM program?
There are three ways to enroll your patients:
- 1. Complete the electronic Start Form
- You will receive an auto-generated confirmation after submission to let you know we have received the Start Form and are initiating services
- You and your patient will each receive a phone call from his or her case manager within 1-2 business days of receipt
- 2. Download the writable PDF version—which can be completed in English, Español, Português Europeau, and Português Brasileiro—and fax the completed Start Form to Alnylam AssistTM at 833-256-2747
- You and your patient will receive a phone call from his or her Case Manager within 1-2 business days of receipt
- 3. Begin filling out the DocuSign form and email it to your patient to complete
- Once you have finished your portion of the Start Form and provided an eSignature, it will be emailed to your patient so they can verify his or her information and fill out any remaining fields
- Both you and your patient will receive notification via email when the completed Start Form has been submitted to Alnylam AssistTM
- A Case Manager dedicated to your patient’s needs will reach out to you and your patient within 1-2 business days of receiving the completed Start Form
- For help submitting the DocuSign form, download our DocuSign Instructions.
Who are Case Managers?
Case Managers are experienced in helping individuals get started on treatment and providing ongoing support. They will tailor their level of contact based on each individual's personal needs. Here's how case managers provide additional patient support.
What services does Alnylam AssistTM provide?
Alnylam AssistTM provides patients with product support services, including:
- Benefit verification
- Education about the prior authorization, claims, and appeals processes
- Financial assistance program enrollment for eligible patients*
- Disease and product education
- Facilitation of product orders
*Patients must meet specified eligibility criteria to qualify for assistance. Alnylam reserves the right to make eligibility determinations and to modify or discontinue the program at any time.
Who are Field Reimbursement Directors (FRDs)?
FRDs are dedicated to providing education about the ONPATTRO reimbursement process. FRDs are knowledgeable in chart documentation best practices and ONPATTRO billing and coding requirements. FRDs provide education about the ONPATTRO reimbursement process. Here’s more information about the FRD role.
Who are Patient Education Liaisons (PELs)?
PELs have backgrounds in nursing or genetic counseling, and are experienced in educating individuals and their families about matters related to hATTR amyloidosis. PELs can help patients in a variety of ways, including providing disease and product education, connecting patients to additional resources, and answering questions about treatment. Get acquainted with members of the PEL team.
Take Action Now
Together with your patient (in office)
Initiate then send to patient (over email)