Alnylam Assist® FAQs
Answers That May Help
What is Alnylam Assist®?
The Alnylam Assist® program offers patients support services throughout their treatment with an Alnylam product. This includes helping patients understand their insurance coverage for treatment and the options for financial support for which patients may be eligible.
What kind of support services does Alnylam Assist® provide?
Support services include help with accessing treatment with Alnylam products, verification of insurance benefits, coverage, coding, and reimbursement education, financial assistance support for eligible patients, and disease and product education.
How do I enroll my patients in the Alnylam Assist® program?
There are 3 ways to enroll your patient:
Where can I find more materials about Alnylam products and Alnylam Assist®?
Support and educational materials about Alnylam Assist® can be found on this site.
Who makes up the Alnylam Assist® team?
Case Managers are trained professionals whose expertise is in helping patients get started on treatment and providing product support including:
- Insurance benefit verification and connecting your office with an Alnylam Field Reimbursement Director
- Financial assistance enrollment for eligible patients
- Help ordering product
- Connecting patients with an Alnylam Patient Education Liaison (PEL)
They will tailor their method of communication to what works best for the patient.
Field Reimbursement Directors (FRDs) provide education about coverage, coding, and reimbursement for Alnylam products. FRDs are knowledgeable about billing and coding requirements.
- Patient Education Liaisons (PELs) have backgrounds in nursing and are experienced in educating patients and family members about their disease. PELs can help in a variety of ways, including providing disease and product education, connecting patients to additional resources, and answering questions about treatment with one of Alnylam’s products.
- The purpose of Alnylam Patient Education Liaisons (PELs) is to provide education to patients, their families, and caregivers
- PELs are employees of Alnylam Pharmaceuticals and do not provide medical advice
- All diagnosis and treatment decisions should be made by the treating physician and their patients